Continuous performance improvement and risk management are critical concepts that should be regularly promoted and practiced throughout the healthcare system. In this course, participants will learn how to measure performance in their healthcare organization while taking into account complex operating dynamics, ever changing policies and competitive forces driving the reimbursement structure of care. Participants will gain robust tools and techniques to identify performance variation and minimize risk while rewarding ideal performance standards. They will return to their healthcare organization equipped with the critical elements of an integrated quality and risk management system that ensures continuous quality improvement.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define performance and risk management as it applies to health systems management
- Measure healthcare efficiency, effectiveness and their value-based
- Develop process improvement strategies while considering capacity management, demand forecasting and resource allocation
- Align financial concepts with decision-making and risk management in healthcare
- Follow the steps of an effective risk management process within their healthcare organization
- Healthcare performance management
- Healthcare quality management
- Healthcare risk management
- Process flow and process improvement
This course is designed specifically for both clinicians and healthcare managers who have particular interest in the areas of performance and risk management within the healthcare sector. This could include surgeons, physicians, clinical professionals, heads of nursing and any high potential managers with significant performance and risk management responsibilities.