The management of records and official secret/confidential documents is designed to familiarize participants on procedures for the protection of official secrets.
Specifically the objectives of the workshop are to:
- Identify the major threats to national security and how to neutralize them
- Protect organizational secrets from espionage agents, curious journalists and subversive elements and apply necessary counter measures
- Understand and apply the federal republic of Nigeria security instructions
- Learn and apply personnel security procedures
- Describe basic fire prevention and control in the office
- Describe measures to safeguard vital documents in the office.
- Security problems in the public service
- Loss of information and leakages in the public service and the necessary counter measures
- Records management
- Physical security measures to protect official secrets and important records/ documents
- Government security instructions and procedures
- The official secrets act, 1962.
- Personnel security in the public service
- Fire prevention and control in public buildings
All categories of the officers dealing with all kinds of records in the ministries and parastatals of the state and federal governments’ organisations are the target audience.