The objectives of the workshop are to enable participants:
- Adopt current innovations in the field of disaster and emergency management
- Recognize the vital role of the disaster manager in the achievement of the overall objectives of their organizations
- Devise measures of preventing and planning for any disaster and emergency occurrences
- Review current relief strategies and operations in Nigeria.
- Disaster management, an overview
- Disaster mitigation
- Disaster preparedness
- Rescue operations
- Relief and rehabilitation strategies
The programme is designed for senior and risk managers in ministries and parastatals both at the federal and state levels. The programme also targets security officers in the public and private sector organizations.
Methodology: Lectures, Syndicate discussions and case studies.