There are three major entrances into the Nigerian Economy vis: Road, Airport and Sea Port. These three modes of transportation have peculiar challenges relating to Government regulations, activities of regulatory agencies and poor utility maintenance. Cargo movement from the ports of entry to the point of destination also face the trio challenges of regulations, regulators and poor maintenance of utilities.
These three challenges have limited the abilities of the stakeholders in achieving the potentials of their processes, systems and profitability by falling victims of the 4 forms of waste- delay (waiting time), transportation (traffic and bad roads), inventory (delay in movement of good out of the port) and defects (regular spending on continuous repairs of vehicle)
It is for this purpose that the 2016 Annual Conference is organised with the theme:
‘Improving Transportations, Logistics and Port Service Delivery and Effectiveness in West Africa’
Hosted by the various association in logistic and transport industry and organised by DUandT Consulting, the Forum gathered a very broad range of manufacturing, logistics, port operators, Haulage, Shipping Security Operatives, Airliners, Shippers, Freight Forwarders, regulatory agencies- Customs, NPA, FAAN, NCAA, NAMA, Health, Ministry of Aviation, Ministry of Work, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Water Resources, Insurance Agencies, Security Operatives and members of Association of Port Operators, Insurance Brokers etc .
- Understand the major aspects of transportation and logistics in the context of the current business environment.
- Develop a familiarity with the issues involved in the transport of cargo internationally.
- Have an awareness of the legal, documentary and mechanical aspects of international trade from the perspective of doing business from Nigeria.
- Become familiar with the general issues concerning the management of a warehouse. These include site selection, warehouse layout, safety and security measures, cost drivers, shipping and receiving, packaging, inventory management principles, and just-in-time fulfilment.
- Acquire a general understanding of the major technology issues facing the logistician. These include such topics as PC’s, computer languages, the Internet, networks, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), AutoID technologies, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), and international trade software.
- Gain familiarity with the concept of logistics outsourcing. Understand which logistics functions are more successfully outsourced. What factors must be considered before undertaking an outsourcing relationship.
- Challenges of transportation and the way forward
- Logistics effectiveness: in-sourcing and outsourcing opportunities and constraints
- Port management improvement: national, international possibilities and obstructions
- Improving Sea Port Service Delivery: Problems and Prospect
- Logistics and transport Management: positive and negative perspectives in Nigeria
- Supply Chain Security Management Systems according to ISO 28000
- Reducing Security Management Incident of Ship against Sea Pirates
- Port Health, Safety and Environment
- Regulatory Challenges of Managing Logistics Businesses
- Warehouse and inventory management;
- Road Management, Sea Port and Airport Management
- Logistics Challenges for Manufacturing Sector
- Cargo Management across Channels
- Cost and Time Management Strategies: Service Provider vs. Clients’ perspectives
- Logistics Process Management and information technology: Regulatory challenges in process management
- Laws guiding transportations in Nigeria
- Insurance policies covering transportation and logistics industry
- Managing and reducing logistics frauds
Managing Directors/CEOs, Operations, Logistics, Transport Managers of Ports Management Companies, Logistics Companies, Transport Management Companies, Insurance Companies, Security Companies, ICT Companies, Government Agencies in Air and Sea Ports Operations and Management.