At the end of the training course, participants would be able to:
- Analyse issues and policies that have impact on public enterprise management
- Identify strategies for managing public enterprises
- Describe appropriate strategies for financing public enterprises
- Analyse criteria for choice of technology
- Identify methods of monitoring and evaluating the performance of public enterprises.
The topics to be covered in Modular form include:
- Nigerian economic environment
- Public enterprises and the national development agenda
- Human resource management in public enterprises
- Financial management in public enterprises
- Programme/project management
- Management information system
- Globalisation and need/justification for public private partnership (PPP)
- Report writing and presentation
This course is designed for senior officers on GL. 13 and above in parastatal organizations. Senior managers in private sector organisations will equally find the course useful and highly relevant.