At the end of the training course, participants would be able to:
- Formulate financial policies and strategies for public enterprises
- Analyse programmes/projects and financial proposals
- Conduct effective project monitoring and evaluation
- Manage the inter-relationship between finance and other departments in the organization
- Utilise computers in financial analysis and management.
The modules to be covered include:
- An overview of public enterprise financial management
- The Nigerian economic environment
- Human capital management in public enterprises
- Financial management in public enterprises
- Public and private sector partnership
- Public enterprises reforms
- Programme/project management
- International funds sourcing
- Pricing in public enterprises
- Management information system
- Financial report/presentation
- Analysing financial statements
- Auditing in public enterprises.
This course is designed for senior and top officials onGL.13 and above handling financial management matter in public enterprises parastatals, corporations and government agencies at the federal, states and local government levels. The course is equally relevant for officers in the private sector, financial institutions, multi-national corporations, NGOs and CBOs who deal with financial matters. Those who have attended the public enterprise financial management course in ASCON can also apply.