At the end of the training workshop, the participants would be able to plan for and work towards a purposeful and rewarding post retirement life by overcoming the fears and uncertainties which often overwhelms officers immediately after retirement.
The specific objectives of the workshop, among others, are that at the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Plan and work towards a purposeful and rewarding post retirement life
- Discuss the nitty-gritty of the pension reform act, 2004
- Identify the causes of delays in processing retirement benefits and how to forestall such delays
- Manage their health and funds issues which often overwhelm officers immediately after retirement from active service
- Identify possible areas of investment in small and medium businesses
- Prepare feasibility studies report and manage a micro business profitably
This includes among others the following topics:
- Implications of and preparation for retirement
- Management of health and family in retirement
- The nature of small business
- Legal requirements for starting a business
- Identification of business opportunities
- Guide to feasibility studies
- Business and its environment
- Financing small business
- Business plan preparation
- Financial records keeping in small business
- Business failure, causes, symptoms and remedies.
The workshop is designed for officers in both public and private sector organizations who are to retire from service.