Organizations invest in training and development as a strategy to improve knowledge, skills, attitudes and the capability of their workforce. Many of those performing training functions do not have the requisite skills and competencies. The result is that the objectives of training are often not achieved. Those who have responsibility for training need quality education and expertise in specific subject areas.They need to understand how people learn.They should also develop the capacity to identify training needs, design and implement training programmes.
This training programme holding in Lagos state is designed as a Train The-Trainers’ workshops to enable participants acquire professionalism in training. Attendance in this workshop also serves as one of the prerequisites for accreditation as a management trainer in Nigeria.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify learning needs at individual, occupational and organizational levels
- State learning objectives
- Design curricula to meet specific learning objectives
- Highlight measures for responding to the challenges of adult learning in training situations
- Use a wide variety of training methods, including computer applications
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training methods.
- The Training Function
- An Overview
- Theories of Learning
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Identification of Learning Needs
- Setting Learning objectives
- Programme Design and Development
- Training Administration
- Training Methods
- Computer-Based Training
- Preparation of Training Budget
- Presentation Skills
- Why Learning and Training Fail
- Micro Training Sessions
- Evaluation of Training Programmes
Sessions will be delivered using Lecture, discussion, role-play, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these training/learning methods.
Managers responsible for management and supervisory training in both private and public organizations, Management Educators and Trainers, and Personnel/Human Resource Development Managers