To succeed at any employment level and position, knowledge of basic financial principles is critical. 'Finance for non-Finance Professionals' transforms financial and accounting concepts into decision making tools you can use successfully every day. You learn to apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities. You will understand the terminology used by accounting and finance staff and will feel more confident when being involved with them or using them.
This training course will help you do a better job and prepare you for senior management positions where financial awareness is crucial.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between accounting and finance and explain finance role in running businesses
- Define the four key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and changes in owner equity as well as key financial terms such as profit, margins and leverage used in organizations
- Interpret the financial health and condition of a company, division or responsibility center and use financial information for management and evaluation
- Prepare a company's operating budget and relate it to the organization's strategic objectives
- Apply capital budgeting techniques and cost-volume-profit analysis to enhance decision making
- Understanding financial statements
- Financial analysis
- Operating budgeting
- Capital budgeting
- Decision making
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including finance that needs to improve understanding and usage of financial information.
NB: These Courses also runs 3days, 5days, and 10days.
They will also run in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt