Efficient warehouse operations do the following:
- Provide timely customer service
- Keep track of items so that they can be found easily and correctly.
- Minimize the organization’s physical effort and thus
Participants in this course will
- Understand the strategic importance of warehousing and stores management in company profitability.
- Appreciate the underlying principles and applications of Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Use the accounting procedures required in issuance of materials
- Apply the concept of the organization distribution cost as a working model
- Implement good warehousing practices.
- Types of Warehouses
- Flow of Materials
- Numbering and classification systems for different stores items
- Stock Control
- Issuance of materials, FIFO, LIFO, etc
- Materials Requisition Planning (MRP)
- Stores keeping and related documentation
- Inventory management
- Handling of Returned Goods/Objections
- Good house-keeping practices
- Treatment of discrepancies
- Obsolescence, obsoleteness, redundancy and deterioration
- Personnel competence and accountability
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.
||Jul 20 - 22 Jul, 2016
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.