Finance is one of the most important assets of an organization. Many organizations have been unable to achieve the goals for which they were established due to lack of adequate financial resources. Managers and officers in public and private sector organizations are particularly required to develop the competence for internally generated revenue to run their organizations.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the relevant skills and knowledge in the area of strategic financial management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Strategically plan the financial management of their organizations
- Prepare result-oriented budgets
- Identify viable sources of funding organizational activities
- Control fraud and unproductive use of organizational funds
- Strategic finance management: an overview
- Finance management authorities in the public sector
- Functions and responsibilities of chief executives in the management of funds
- Functions and responsibilities of directors in the management of funds
- Planning and budgeting process in government establishments
- Alternative sources of funds to an organization
- Finance management and budgetary control strategies in the public sector
- Fraud control and its implication for corporate governance
- Financial transparency and accountability requirements of chief executives and directors of public organizations
- Corruption and anti-graft law
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies role-play and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Chief executive officers, permanent secretaries, directors and heads of department of government establishments.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. S. O. Adetimehin