Financial irregularities (fraud, corruption and money laundering) are becoming the world’s greatest challenges and major hindrances to the national economic development of various countries.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with requisite knowledge and skills that will enable them develop an investigative eye towards discovery of fraud and provide crucial information that is meant to be used as evidence for litigation purposes.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the skills needed in forensic accounting
- Identify the challenges of financial irregularities
- Adopt effective investigative techniques
- Identify forensic accounting techniques to mitigate fraud.
- An overview of forensic accounting
- The roles of the accountant in fraud detection and investigation
- Fraud diamond
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Techniques involved in forensic accounting
- Red flags of forensic accounting
- White collar crimes and corporate crimes
- Contrasting auditing, forensic accounting and fraud examination
- Fraud control and investigation techniques
- The legal framework of forensic accounting
- Forensic report writing
Lectures, discussions, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Internal and external audit professionals, security and fraud investigators, prosecuting lawyers, fraud litigators, controllers, CFOs, financial accountants, risk management professionals, compliance officers, legal and credit control personnel, regulatory authority and corporate governance professionals.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: S. N. Okeke