Procurement Planning and Contract Management Workshop - EMP 003
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Kano State, Nigeria
Aug 22 - 26 Aug, 2016
Difficulties and delays often encountered during project implementation have been found to result from insufficient knowledge of procurement practices and procedures. Reforms in public procurement practices in Nigeria have brought to the fore the importance of good procurement and contract management practices.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to enhance successful implementation of projects through good procurement practices.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of procurement in development projects
- Explain the procurement process and planning
- Prepare a bidding document and request for proposals for consultancy services
- Evaluate bids
- Implement The Contracts.
- Procurement for development projects: an overview
- Procurement reforms in Nigeria
- Procurement process, planning and methods
- Bid documents, bid opening, examination and evaluation
- Guidelines on selection of consultants
- Preparation of request for proposals
- Evaluation of proposals
- Contract award, implementation and management
- Payment procedures and practice
- Issues and challenges in public procurement and contract management in Nigeria.
Methodology: Lectures and case analysis. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Procurement officers and managers in the public sector and their equivalent officers/ managers in the private sector.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Aliu Bawale
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, African Alliance Building, F1 Sani Abacha Way, Kano