Economic Planning and Budget Management Workshop - EMP 004
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Nov 21 - 25 Nov, 2016
With the nation‘s return to national development planning through the Vision 20:2020 (NV20:2020) and its associated medium-term plans, there is need to build and strengthen capacity for participatory planning and budgeting towards effective implementation of the sub-national components of the NV20:2020.
It is expedient that officers and those who provide inputs into the process of plan and budget formulation, analysis and implementation be equipped with necessary tools and techniques to enhance their skills for better performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the concepts, types and significance of plans and budgets
- Articulate the elements of the macro-economic framework for planning and budgeting in Nigeria
- Describe the processes of utilizing a medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF)
- Use various approaches to enhance stake-holder participation in planning and budgeting
- Outline measures for promoting fiscal discipline in budgeting in Nigeria.
- Concepts, types and roles of plans and budget
- Development planning and budgeting experience in Nigeria
- Intergovernmental fiscal relations and financing of plans and budget
- Macroeconomic framework for planning and budgeting
- MTSS/MTEF and budget planning
- Gender-responsive budgeting
- Participatory planning and budgeting
- Plan and budget implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation of plans and budget
- Alternative sources of financing budgetary programmes
Methodology: Lectures, case analysis and syndicate group discussions. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Planning and budget officers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, 48 Agadez Street, off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja