The complexity of every economy requires a clear understanding of systematic and scientific methods to analyse it. Officials need to develop econometrics skills for planners/managers, and macro econometric and input-output modelling capacity for policy analysis.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to strengthen and harness the gains of knowledge acquisition for more effective development policy management in Nigeria and other economies of the world.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept and processes in econometric modelling for policy analysis, forecasting and simulation
- Apply appropriate techniques in estimating models for macroeconomic forecasting and simulations
- Use econometric software for model estimation, simulation and forecasting.
- Review of econometrics
- Single equation estimation and diagnostics
- Time series analysis and modelling
- Error correction modelling
- ARCH-GARCH models
- Vector autoregressive (VAR) models and application
- Model simulation and forecasting
Methodology: Lectures and computer practice. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Senior econometricians, research officers, economists, academics, planning officers and policy analysts in both the public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: T. A. Osanyintuyi and B. O. Olaniyan