A training programme whose contents have been developed around six “Key Negotiation Lessons,” namely:
- Avoid unreasonable or arbitrary positions
- Avoid letting prejudices show through
- Avoid negotiating by demands and ultimatums
- Present arguments calmly, without personalizing
- Explain positions logically and frankly
- Recognize legitimate concerns and needs of other side.
Broad Competencies Addressed
- Ability to assess one’s central negotiating style - collaborate, compromise, defeat, withdraw or accommodate.
- Ability to assess one’s true power in any negotiation process
- Ability to concede without losing out
- Ability to employ any of the several tactics negotiators use and manage when any of the tactics are being tried by other parties
- Ability to assess a true crisis situation and not a contrived one, so as to employ the right crisis negotiating tactics at the right time
- Setting the Time and Place
- Establishing Common Ground
- Creating a Negotiation Framework
- Three Rules for Commercial Negotiations
- How to Improve Your Negotiating Results
- Basic Negotiation Styles
- Timing for Negotiation Advantage
- The Five Types of Power in a Negotiation Process
- How to Break an Impasse
- Negotiating Terms and Conditions
- Negotiating Interests and Underlying Motivations
- Negotiating Options and Alternatives – ZOPA, BATNA
- Negotiating Standards
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.
||Aug 17 - 19 Aug, 2016
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.