Public-private partnership (PPP) is increasingly being used as an umbrella description to embrace the range of options that are now available to replace the choices between the public sector and privatization.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip managers with skills required for identifying the strengths, weaknesses and relevance of the available PPP options analytically and objectively.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Contribute successfully to the development of strategies and individual projects in their organizations
- Identify the services or activities that may be beneficial from different PPP options available
- Choose the best PPP option to suit their organization‘s circumstances and culture
- Manage the process to a successful contract, partnership or transfer of ownership
- Put in place suitable contract management and monitoring arrangements.
- Strategic approach to PPP
- Legal implication of PPP
- Benefits of competition
- Organizing and managing fair and open competitions
- Tender and bid evaluation
- PPP implementation: contract and relation-ship management
- The regulation of privatized monopolies to protect consumers
- Best practices in PPP
- Monitoring and evaluation of PPP
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, role-play, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers, deputy managers, assistant managers and heads of department, division and unit, who have to lead teams in both public and private organizations for goal achievement.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: C. Iheama Chanma