The success of a project is determined not just by financial returns, but also by its socio-economic benefits and welfare impacts. Project management helps to improve outcomes through setting agreed goals and milestones, regularly assessing progress and offering a framework within which to balance risk and capability. Any effective programme for project management requires full understanding of the nature and complexity of the project environment, tools and resources available, and the management capabilities and skills.
This training workshop holding in Gombe State is designed to enhance the skills of participants in good quality project management practices.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the relationships among policies, programmes and projects
- Define the concept, significance and scope of project management
- Explain the project management process
- Highlight the various elements of project management
- Analyse various issues for effective project management.
- Programme and project management: an overview
- Overview of prince2 methodology
- Project scope and integration management
- Project time and cost management
- Project quality
- Project human resources management and communication
- Project risk management
- Project procurement and contract management
- Project result-based monitoring and evaluation
- Issues and challenges for effective project management in Nigeria
Methodology: Lectures, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Planning and project officers in the public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Muhammad Nuhu