Results-based monitoring and evaluation is a powerful tool used to track the progress and demonstrate the impact of a given programme or project. It differs from traditional monitoring and evaluation in that it moves beyond emphasis on inputs and output to a greater focus on outcomes and impacts.
This training workshop holding in Abuja is designed to build and strengthen participants’ skills in monitoring and evaluating projects for result.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Highlight the significance and roles of result-based monitoring and evaluation in development management
- Discuss the differences between traditional and results-based M and E
- Apply the tools and techniques for results-based monitoring and evaluation
- Identify the constraints to effective M and E in Nigeria
- Write good monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Overview of the national M and E framework
- Monitoring and evaluation: concepts, types and roles
- Introduction to results-based M and E
- The results-based logic model/results chain
- Designing key performance indicators
- Designing a results-based M and E system
- Developing and implementing result-based M and E plan
Writing M and E Reports: Issues and strategies for effective result-based M and E
Methodology: Lectures, case studies, exercises and syndicate discussions. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Policy makers, project managers, planning, monitoring and evaluation officers in both public and private sectors and officials of non-governmental organizations with a monitoring and evaluation focus.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: E. Okpachu