Economic and financial management is critical in both the public and private sector. The essence of decision making is largely for effective and efficient financial resources management. Failure to achieve the desired economic transformation can be linked in partly, to inadequate capacity for policy articulation, analysis, implementation and financial resource management by public and private sector managers.
This training workshop is designed to enhance the capability of participants to understand and analyse basic economic and financial issues.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Assess the roles of economic management in national development
- Discuss the essence and workings of an economic system
- Use essential analytical tools to address basic economic problems
- Explain major macroeconomic policy objectives and instruments
- Assess the impact of economic policy on the development process
- Appraise issues and challenges of economic policy making.
- Economic management and national development
- Basic analytical concepts and tools of economic analysis
- Macroeconomic policy objectives and instruments
- Planning and budgeting as tools of economic management
- Elements of medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF)
- Investment appraisal and risk management
- Capital structure and portfolio management
- Impacts of economic reforms in Nigeria: MDGs, needs, 7-point agenda, transformation agenda and vision 20:2020
Methodology: Lectures, group presentation and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Public officers, engineers, accountants, planning and budget officers, executives and relevant officers in the private sector. Also, officers from the judiciary, legislative and executive arms of government will benefit from the course.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: C. Iheama Chanma