Data Analysis and Management Workshop For PRS Officers - EMP 013
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Oyo State, Nigeria
Oct 24 - 28 Oct, 2016
Data and information gathering, including disaggregation of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), provides evidence-based policy choices. This training workshop is designed to provide participants with the concept of data management for decision making processes, and expose them to various methods and techniques of information generation, storage and retrieval for those involved in planning, research and statistics.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the basic requirements for socio-economic data management
- Explain methodologies for data collection, analysis and management
- Use relevant computer packages for processing and analysing data
- Interprets and analyse data and write appropriate reports.
- Socio-economic data management for national development: an overview
- Institutional framework for statistical and data management in Nigeria
- Methods of data collection, collation and management
- Fundamentals of data cleaning and validation
- Tools and techniques for analysis of socio-economic data
- Computer applications to data management (SPSS, E-view, Excel)
- Interpretation and reporting of analysed data
Methodology: The workshop will feature lectures, case analyses and computer simulations.
Planning and research officers, statisticians and data officers in the public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100% attendance.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, 1-3 Oba Akinyele Avenue, Old Bodija, Ibadan