The art of writing requires a wide range of abilities, including excellent communication skills, document management knowledge and strong collaboration techniques. Specifically, writing a technical report, such as a research report, a feasibility report or an annual report, requires specialized skills.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with excellent writing and presentation skills.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Determine the importance of good report writing in decision making
- Discuss the concepts and theories of communication
- Explain the different types of technical reports and their applications
- Write good technical reports and present them effectively.
- Concepts and theories of communication
- Types and features of reports
- Guidelines for preparing reports
- Technical reports (Research, Business, M and E, etc.)
- Council memo writing
- Technical report presentation and evaluation
- Computer applications in report writing and presentation
Methodology: Lectures, group presentation and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers and managers in the public and private sectors, personal assistants, researchers and all others whose jobs involve writing of reports will also benefit from the course.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: B. O. Olaniyan