Sound sectoral policy analysis and planning are indispensable in resolving the question of choice, priority and interdependence among sectors. As a result, the articulation and implementation of sector specific policies at one time or the other stimulates the rapid overall economic development of the nation.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and knowledge in developing appropriate sectoral policies and programmes.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Highlight the framework for implementing NV 20:2020 and the transformation agenda;
- Discuss the macro and sectoral policies under NV 20:2020;
- Apply appropriate techniques for analysing, planning and managing sectoral policies and programmes;
- Analyse the impact of inter-sectoral linkages and changes in macroeconomic policies on different sectors of the economy; and
- Highlight the procedures for tracking developments in the implementation of the sectoral policies and programmes under NV 20:2020.
- Implementation of vision 20:2020 and the transformation agenda: an overview
- Macroeconomic framework for NV 20:2020
- Review of 1st national implementation plan and overall sector plans
- Sectoral planning and management
- Intersectoral linkages and sectoral performance
- Monitoring and evaluation framework
- Issues and strategies for effective sectoral policy planning and management in Nigeria.
Methodology: Lectures and computer practice. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Planning and budget officers, research officers, economists and policy analysts in both the public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: A. I. Ohida