The purpose of the new Pension Reforms Act is to shed the burden of pension payment liabilities, harmonise pension schemes, ensure viable investment of pension funds and effect prompt payment of pension benefits to the beneficiaries. The reforms have created mixed feelings among Nigerian workers. It is necessary to have an informed dialogue on the new pension scheme and its benefits.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to create an appropriate response by participants to the new pension scheme.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Highlight the objectives of the new pension scheme
- Compare the benefits of the pension scheme with the old scheme
- Analyse the retirement benefits under the new scheme
- Identify the role, responsibilities, functions and operation of stakeholders in the administration of the new pension scheme
- Discuss the implication of the new pension scheme.
- Highlights of the old and new pension scheme
- Objective of the new scheme
- Basic issues in the new pension scheme: pension reform act 2014
- Retirement benefits in the new reform
- Operation & management of retirement savings account
- Roles, responsibilities and functions of pension fund operators
- Roles, responsibilities and functions of PENCOM
- Operation of pension funds investment
- Offences, penalties and enforcement
- Implication of the new scheme to employers and Nigerian workers
- Computer application
Methodology: Lectures, group presentation and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Pension managers and officers, human resource managers, accountants, administrators and those who are affected by the new scheme.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: S. N. Okeke