Corruption cases have become endemic in the public and private sectors of the economy. This has negatively affected every facet of our national life and has brought lack of trust and transparency in the society. To effectively cope with the challenges of corruption and sharp practices, organizations need to be proactive in developing strategies to curb this menace.
This training workshop holding in Imo State is designed to stimulate widespread public awareness of the social and economic cost of corruption in organizations and the society.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of transparency and accountability
- Apply measures for ensuring transparency and accountability
- Build a culture of transparency and accountability
- Discuss the framework of transparency and accountability.
- An overview of transparency and accountability
- Concept of governance
- Elements of transparency and accountability
- Due process and procedures for effective service delivery
- Institutional framework for enforcing transparency and accountability
- Public ethics, corruption and national development
- Leadership, accountability and transparency
- E-governance in transparency and accountability
- Management strategies for transparency and accountability
- The servicom charter
- Appraisal of anti-corruption policies and strategies
- Transparency and accountability, the Nigerian example
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Heads of department, budget officers, accounts executives, administrative officers, managers, pension managers and supervisors in both public and private sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator