This training course will provide an understanding and solid foundation for understanding the calculation and submission of returns on VAT, Withholding Taxes, PAYE, company taxes especially for those in the SME sector. It will also include preparing business tax returns and other forms of taxes. This course is designed as an introduction to some of the issues involved in the preparation of tax returns for various forms of business entities, which will give you the information necessary to handle enterprises, partnerships and companies.
The course will cover areas including:
- Overview of tax administration in Ghana
- Corporate tax principles:
- Business expenses allowed and disallowed for tax purposes
- Capital Allowances
- Other chargeable income
- Capital gains, etc.
- VAT calculation - Input and output vat calculations
- Withholding (WHT) – calculation of WHT
- PAYE calculations and returns
- Net worth method of assessing tax liabilities
- Income tax self - assessment
- Tax planning strategies