Effective dispute resolution helps minimize the costs and adverse effects to relationships that often arise from the commercial disputes. If informal negotiation fails to resolve a dispute, mediation or arbitration can often be the next best option in order to avoid litigation in court. This training course will give participants an insight into dispute resolution from the perspective of a lawyer. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the main differences between the various dispute resolution techniques with a particular focus on arbitration, in order to reduce the likelihood of disputes leading to court cases.
This course is suitable for professionals within all industries who are involved in contract management and resolving disputes including, but not limited to, project managers, contract managers, procurement managers, supply chain managers, contractors, architects, developers and engineers. This course would also highly benefit in-house council and legal advisors new to the region who require the fundamentals of dispute resolution in the GCC.
- GCC Dispute Resolution
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the right course of action to resolve a legal dispute
- Reduce the possibility of disputes leading to legal action
- Understand the national and international legal requirements for dispute resolution
- Employ arbitration knowledge to negotiate terms
- Use case law to achieve a favourable outcome for their organization
This training holds in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt
It also holds as a 3, 5 and 10 day Programme