Even the best laid plans and strategies can fail if the team driving the plan is not well developed. Developing high performing teams takes time, effort and a deep understanding of the dynamics of effective teams. This course helps team members and team leaders understand how to create and be part of a cohesive unit aligned to achieving results.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between groups and teams and list the major characteristics of effective teams
- Identify team strengths and blind spots after analyzing team members’ personal styles and preferences
- Use individual differences of team members as a gate to higher team performance
- Make decisions by consensus through participation in a number of team building activities
- Identify effective team behaviors and communications
- Lead a team successfully and help it reach its potential
- Relating to others
- Attitude towards others
- Group problem solving
Managers, supervisors and staff whose job involves building teams as well as working in teams.