A simple email or letter can resolve a complex situation. This advanced business writing skills course emphasizes how a clear and concise message is the key to delivering a powerful message in today’s business world. In this training course, we start by outlining good practices in business writing. We then experiment with writing to address complex business scenarios and to deal with difficult people. We explore the particularities and risks associated with business writing for social media platforms. Finally, we describe the interplay between the technical, emotional and political elements of a message.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write effective emails, memos and letters
- Apply rules for organizing content in a clear and concise manner
- Match writing complexity to the modern business environment
- Apply advanced structuring techniques in writing that yield a desirable response
- Identify and talk to their reader’s interests
- Written communication
- Business writing etiquette
- Structured thinking
- Ability to address complex situations
- Reading between the lines
All individuals with responsibilities requiring extensive business writing in the form of emails, memos and letters.