Building effective supervisory skills is critical for helping you and your organization succeed in challenging economic times. This course will give you the opportunity to explore topics essential for developing effective supervisory skills such as communication skills, performance management, motivation, team development, and problem solving skills. In this course you will also find many useful tips and techniques that will help you supervise people and manage time more effectively.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the scope, nature and responsibility of a supervisor and the challenges associated with the role
- Employ effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- Apply different motivational theories to increase the productivity of their direct reports Identify their preferred teamwork style and use this knowledge to build and supervise an effective team
- Use professional techniques in providing feedback and positive reinforcement
- Demonstrate different problem solving skills
New or first level supervisors who would like to increase their effectiveness in managing and motivating others. Target competencies effective communication active listening managing performance problem solving ability results orientation creativity