In today’s ever-changing healthcare industry, top priorities include patient safety, healthcare quality and continuous quality improvement. Both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) emphasize the global need to implement better patient safety and healthcare quality management throughout healthcare’s culture and organizational climates.
In this training course, participants will gain a full understanding of patient safety and healthcare quality best practice, which will allow them to deliver impact within their healthcare systems. They will return to their organizations equipped with up-to-date and innovative quality measures to prevent errors and potential litigation, elevating their healthcare organization to a higher level of performance and enhanced reputation.
This course is designed specifically for clinicians and healthcare managers who have particular interest in the areas of patient safety and quality within the healthcare environment. This could include surgeons, physicians, clinical professionals, heads of nursing and any high-potential managers with significant patient safety and quality management responsibilities.
- Healthcare quality
- Patient safety
- leading change
- Quality measurement
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Make impactful decisions concerning both patient safety and healthcare quality in their healthcare organization
- Identify and rectify the variations in medical practice and their implications on patient safety and quality
- Use statistical tools to measure patient safety and quality in their department and at an organizational level
- Implement quality and patient safety as a core organizational strategy
- Create a culture of patient safety and healthcare quality by implementing fundamental concepts and international best practice
This course holds in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt
It also holds as a 3, 5 and 10 day programme