A major challenge in attracting and securing research grants or funds from donor agencies is the inability of researchers and research institutions to present acceptable proposals. Funding agencies and research and development (R&D) stakeholders usually require comprehensive proposals with a clear and concise problem statement and objectives, a methodological approach to the study as well as the cost implications.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and techniques for writing, presenting and defending both technical and financial proposals.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define a research problem
- Discuss the elements of proposal writing
- Select appropriate research methodology
- Develop optimal research budget and work plan
- Apply the basic steps involved in proposal writing.
- Overview of research proposal writing
- Problem identification, diagnosis and statement
- Statement of hypotheses and research questions
- Identification and definition of variables
- Literature review in proposal writing
- Research methodology
- Proposal writing
- International standard in proposal writing/ assessment
- Referencing and bibliography
- The role of research in a changing environment
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Research development officers, trainers, lecturers in tertiary institutions, staff directly involved in data management, research, planning and statistics, and those involved in preparation and assessment of research proposals.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. Rita Nwalupue