The design and administration of research instruments require experience and special skills. These instruments are required by researchers to collect data and information for both quantitative and qualitative analysis and decision making. Skills and competence in research instrument design and administration are important requirements for success in research work.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with the requisite skills and techniques for research instrument design and administration.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the various research instruments
- Develop questionnaires and follow the research guidelines
- Design instruments for data generation
- Conduct interviews
- Test the validity of a research instrument.
- Research instrument design and administration: an overview
- Types of research instruments
- Formulation of open-and-close-ended questions
- Organization and presentation of questions in a questionnaire
- Ethics of instrument administration
- Covering letters
- Follow-up procedures
- Practical: questionnaire design
- Sampling techniques
- Planning and conducting interviews
- Data collection and its problems
- Observation studies
- Sampling and non-sampling errors
- The role of research in national development
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Research development officers, statisticians and managers in public and private sector organizations involved in research activities.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: T. T. Olayanju