A research project could be well designed, data diligently collected and analysed by “state of the art” statistical methods and very significant conclusions reached. However, if the project is not effectively and efficiently reported, all the preceding efforts would have been wasted. In most cases, the research report is the only part of the project that is available to others. It is, therefore, necessary that research reports be presented in a logical, concise and factual manner to lead to meaningful deductions and guide decision making.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and techniques for writing effective research reports.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop research report outlines
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in research report
- Write research reports using appropriate format
- Use relevant tables, diagrams and charts in report preparation
- Prepare research reports that can effectively aid decision making.
- Research report writing: an overview
- Research process
- Types of research
- Objectives and characteristics of research reports
- Structure of research reports
- Literature review
- Research methodology
- Research data presentation and analysis
- Use of tables, diagrams and charts in research reports
- Citation and references
- Research report evaluation
- Using research as an instrument of change
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and role-play. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Research and development officers, consultants and managers, statisticians, lecturers, trainers and others whose jobs involve writing research reports.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Baita Gambo