A research project involves a network of activities that includes problem solving, receiving a brief, proposal writing, design of work plan, design of instrument, fieldwork, analysis and report writing. There is also the need to articulate a comprehensive budget for the implementation of the research project. This intervention is critical due to the complexity, risk and uncertainty involved in research undertaking.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitude in managing research projects.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop research project plans
- Establish the research project control
- Determine the process of coordinating research projects
- Estimate research project duration and cost
- Evaluate research projects.
- Research project management: an overview
- Research process and methodology
- Data gathering and analysis
- Research instrument design
- Data presentation
- Research project financial proposal
- Time management in research
- Research ethics
- Research report writing
- Research project evaluation
- Challenges of research projects
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work and case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
System analyst, data management officer, trainers, researchers, planners and statisticians.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Jerome M. O. (Mrs.)