The human resource needs to be effectively managed if organizations are to achieve maximum potentials and set goals. The tool that can be used to achieve these goals is information technology, most especially computer technology. Despite the rapid development in IT, some officers in human resource departments are yet to be proficient in the use of MS-Access.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to sharpen the skills of participants in the use of information technology in human resource management and improving overall performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and functions of human resource managers
- Use relevant software for managing human resource records
- Design a human resource database management system
- Identify the challenges of human resource management
- Apply skills necessary for manpower planning and development.
- Overview of human resource management
- Functions and responsibilities of human resource managers
- Management information system
- ICT essentials
- Windows skills
- Advanced features of MS-word such as mail-merge, letter and memo, graphics and charts
- Application of MS-Excel
- Database management using MS-Access
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers and managers, administrative and executive officers, secretaries and others who have the responsibility of achieving results through people will find the workshop very rewarding.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator