In today’s complex business environment characterized by pervasive economic uncertainty, organizations are constantly seeking to develop and executive a winning strategy. Most forward-looking organizations, realizing that distinctive human resources are critical in orchestrating a winning performance, now focus much more attention on aligning their human resource function with their strategic business objectives.
Recent research suggests, however, that line managers remain a vital but often weak link in the alignment process, as they are ill-equipped to effectively manage the implementation of human resource aspects of business strategy.
This intensive three day training programme begins with an exploration of several fundamental aspects of managing and leading people. Participants will complete a Myers-Briggs (MBTI) assessment to understand their leadership types, and how to leverage their style to get results through others and make better managerial decisions. They will also gain an appreciation of key ethical issues in the employment relationship, and how to effectively handle them, among others..
Fundamentals of Strategic People Management
- Managing and Leading Oneself
- Understanding and Influencing Human Behavior in Organizations
- Handling Ethical Challenges in People Management
- Dealing with Conflict
- High Performance Work Practices and Frameworks
- Aligning Individual Performance with Organizational Goals
- Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations
- Developing and Engaging Talent for Peak Performance
- Driving Performance through Compensation
Leadership and Strategic Impact
- Managing Workplace Conflicts and Negotiations
- Leading People through Culture Change
- Action Planning: Refining Your Management Style
- Line Managers
- Functional Heads
- Project/ Programme Managers