Questions bordering on the place of HR in the boardroom continue to engage today’s organizations. Related to these are questions around how HR could more effectively demonstrate the huge value it makes and deliver results in a rapidly changing world. The climate within the organization is a major source of performance erosion, and winning this strategic internal war is as crucial as winning the external competitive battles.
By understanding how to ensure internal expression of their brand positioning so that there is an alignment between the culture within and the desired external perception of their brands, participants are prepared to better leverage the dynamic variables in the war, so that investments in human capital effectively complement brand management, marketing and sales, supply chain and cost optimization
The Engine of performance?
- Understanding Performance at three levels
- Individual, Functional and Organizational Performance
- The nature of the battle within. Causes and remedies of performance leakage in organizations
- Developing, strengthening and leveraging your organizations’ Leadership Brand for competitive advantage
HR Leadership and Functional Competencies
- A strategic lens on the world; dealing with how PESTEL affects people as well as the Performance
- Understanding People Impact Assessment and how to use this for informed and proactive decision making when major business decisions are being made
- Organizational Capability-Building
- Being a credible custodian of the organizational climate
- Leading Transformational Change
- Leveraging Technology and Innovation for HR operational delivery
- Understanding Behavior
- Essential attributes of an effective HR Professional
Senior HR managers with functional responsibility for Strategic parts of the HR function such as Talent or Organizational Development
- Phase I - 1 month (pre-programme distance learning; case study, Functional Excellence Benchmarking and Diagnostics)
- Phase II - 5 days on campus
- Phase III – (OPTIONAL)
- 7 Days learning trip to the US to see first-hand how HR supports the strategic performance of organizations Alternative destination could be South Africa or Singapore.