Planning and budgeting are must-have skills for all professionals regardless of their function or managerial level. This training course covers the concept of budgeting as a planning tool, a financial device and a control mechanism. In addition, it provides the necessary application of a long and short term planning decisions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of linking an organization's budget with its strategic plan
- Demonstrate how the budget relates to the key financial statements, balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow
- Prepare the key elements of an operating and capital budget and evaluate the different budgeting approaches used
- Apply cost control tools, analyze management variance reports and take proper corrective action
- Calculate different capital budgeting evaluation techniques as included in a capital expenditure proposal
- Utilize cost-volume-profit analysis in making budgeting decisions
- Financial statements
- Planning and budgeting
- Cost control
- Capital budgeting
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Breakeven analysis
All managers, supervisors and analysts who prepare or use management budgets.