In a competitive and demanding business environment, all cadres of staff have come to appreciate the computer as an indispensable work tool for enhanced performance. Secretaries and Personal Assistants need the computer for maximum performance. To achieve goals, they need thorough understanding of word processors and desktop publishing applications.
This training workshop holding in Oyo State is designed to equip computer literate Secretaries and Personal Assistants with in-depth knowledge and skills of word processor and desktop publishing applications.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Use word-processor and desktop publishing applications with emphasis on MS word, adobe page maker and Corel Draw
- Apply mail-merge facility in word processing
- Use desktop publishing applications to develop their organizations’ in-house publications
- Apply technical and managerial skills in office administration
- Use Internet facilities effectively.
- Secretarial and personal assistants functions: an overview
- ICT essentials and MS - windows skills
- Advanced features in MS-word with emphasis on:
- Creating tables
- Working with columns and graphics
- Sending group mails
- Introduction to productivity software using adobe page maker
- Fundamentals of corel draw
- Principles of electronic manual (e-manual) production
- Internet browsing techniques
- Effective communication and interpersonal relations in the workplace
- Stress management
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, films and intensive practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Secretaries and personal assistants, trainers that are computer literate and those that have attended CMD basic computer application workshop for secretaries or similar courses.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. E. I. Ekanem