The overall aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge, the concepts and the skills needed to negotiate each phase of the contract life cycle successfully in order to maintain a good relationship between the two parties, and to reach a win-win outcome. Participants in this interactive course will learn how to analyze the issues, identify the best practices in negotiating the scope of work, terms and conditions, and contract provisions, as well as claims, variation orders and disputes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of developing a solid scope of work and the implications of failing to do so Identify fundamental concepts in negotiation and use communication and planning skills that will allow reaching a win-win outcome
- Plan and conduct several contract related negotiations in a formal structured way
- Outline critical provisions in the scope of work and explore collaborative approaches to secure agreements on these provisions
- Negotiate contractual claims and change orders in order to avoid disputes and legal issues
- Discover some of the tactics that are used during negotiations
- Contract preparation
- Handling claims
- Change management
- Technical terms and conditions
- Contract administration
Those involved in contract and business related negotiations. The course will also benefit those involved in negotiating the procurement of goods and services, manpower and different types of material or supplies.