Improving your Personal Effectiveness
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jun 28 - 29 Jun, 2016
Self-direction and personal initiative refer to peoples’ ability to be self-motivating and pro-active in the pursuit of their life and career goals. When working with others, they are open to new experiences and able to solve problems by leveraging on the knowledge of other people whom they gladly ask for advice. They are also conscientious and persevere on tasks assigned, following them to completion. They also take steps to improve themselves through self-initiated training and career development.
This training seminar will address these traits from the perspectives of psychology, sociology and communication.
Module Pre-requisite: Personality and Leadership Assessment Test
- Developing self-knowledge and self-mastery as prerequisite to self-development
- SMART Goal Setting
- Balancing long and short term life and career goals
- Mentoring and coaching for individual and organizational effectiveness
- Becoming a reliable worker
- Stress and well-being management
Organizational Cultural Intelligence
Module Pre-requisite: organization environmental survey
- Analysis and Clarification of organizational norms
- National cultural constructs of group behavior and the organization: power distance, individualism and collectivism, uncertainty avoidance)
- Effective Workplace Behavior
- Understanding implications of one’s work in the organization
Effective Problem Solving
- Problem solving behaviors
- Understanding formal and informal networks as sources of solutions to problems
- Working with and through other people’s essential skills: Proactively seeking advice
- Generating ideas and capitalizing on ideas
Effective Time Management
- Good use of time
- Time planning and organization tools (manual and Information Technology tools)
- Effective Prioritization and Scheduling
- SWOT analysis
- GAP analysis
- Risk analysis
- Priority matrix
- Understanding and determining consequences of one’s tasks on that of others
- Understanding Communication Styles
- Persuasive Communication in speaking and writing; different speech types
- Story telling as an effective business communication tool
- Active listening and non-verbal communication
- Developing feedback competencies
- Team leaders, and middle to senior-level functional managers in both private and public sector organizations.
- Anyone who needs to be better organized and works better with other people to achieve set targets.
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.