Accounting, auditing and financial management are key functions that aid the management of resources and enhance probity and accountability. Financial management involves record keeping and financial control functions with emphasis placed on the generation and maintenance of appropriate accounting information.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills in the use of emerging trends in ICT in the preparation and auditing of accounting reports and financial analysis.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basics of financial management
- Explain the procedures for computerizing an accounting system
- Use relevant computer packages in accounting, auditing and financial management
- Identify auditing techniques and risks in computerized accounting and financial management.
- ICT in accounting, auditing and financial management: an overview
- ICT essentials and MS-windows skill
- Role of ICT in accounting, auditing and financial management
- Accounting and auditing techniques and procedures in computerized accounting information system
- Microsoft excel in accounting and financial management
- Peachtree accounting software
- Computer security and maintenance
Methodology: Lectures, practical exercises, group and individual projects, case studies and study visits. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Accountants, auditors and finance officers in both public and private organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: U. Musa