Unified data centre architecture training offers a holistic approach to the design, operation, and delivery of IT services. This approach makes it easier for IT to integrate existing technology silos. It also provides exceptional architectural flexibility in enterprise or service provider environments.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills for unified framework support, diverse data centre goals such as consolidation, virtualization and private cloud computing application.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Optimize data centre equipment layout
- Explain the power flow of data centre equipment
- Build and monitor management systems
- Apply safety procedures.
- Introduction to data centre design and implementation
- Optimizing equipment layouts (overheating calculators and identifying faults in real examples)
- Understanding the power flow (balancing 3 phase battery and ups capacity, capacity planning - cooling and powering)
- Air conditioning for the it environment
- Building and monitoring management systems
- Policies and procedures
- Fire safety procedures and physical security policies
- Data replication (to remote site)
- Business continuity and disaster recovery in data centre
- Management operations
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
IT professionals, managers and officers in both private and public sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Michael A. Idiaghe