The objective of any information system security is to protect an organization’s information by reducing the risk of loss of confidentiality, integrity and availability of that information to an acceptable level. To be effective, efficient and reflect commonsense, a security framework must be complemented with physical security measures.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills in system information safety and security.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify challenges in information safety and security
- Manage information systems security for organization success
- Improve alignment between the organization information security programme objectives
- Manage security access control.
- Security fundamentals
- Security threats and vulnerabilities
- Network security
- Managing application, data and host security
- Access control, authentication and account management
- Safety and risks management in ICT
- Managing security incidences
- Legal compliances, certification and information security
- On-site/off-site (Remote Site) data replication technologies
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
IT professionals, managers and officers in both private and public sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: A. A. Yelwa