ICT remains the most effective means of imparting knowledge and disseminating information. Information management tools for identifying and articulating functional requirements for electronic document and records management is a priority to tackle the complex tasks of managers.
This training workshop holding in Abuja is designed to equip participants with relevant knowledge and skills for enhancement of information management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Maintain a safe electronic record system
- Identify various forms of records and their relevance
- Develop appropriate techniques for managing information
- Use appropriate computer software for records management.
- Electronic records management: an overview
- Electronic record keeping functions in organizations
- Types and relevance of electronic records
- Global trends in e-records management
- E-data security and cloud computing
- E-records management for service delivery
- Relevant computer application software in records management
- Basic operations and calculations in MS-Excel
- Computer analysis of data using charts
- Creating a database using MS-Excel
- Creating of data-entry form in MS-Excel
Methodology : Lectures, practical exercises and group and individual projects. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Researchers, human resources managers, personal assistants and executive officers in both public and private organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: U. Musa