The United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development was held in Rio de Janeiro in June 2012 with consensus reached to achieve sustainable development goals. Therefore, we need institutions at all levels that are effective, transparent, accountable and democratic to improve service delivery and productivity in the public service.
This training workshop is designed to sensitize public and private policy makers to appreciate the role and importance of e-governance for national development.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of e-governance
- List areas of government activities where e-governance can be implemented
- Enumerate tools of e-governance
- Identify challenges of e-governance and proffer solutions
- Evaluate the merits and demerits of e-governance.
- Overview of E-Governance
- Components and Strategies of E-Governance
- Cases of E-Government (G2G, G2C and G2B)
- Social Media and Public Participation
- Law and Institutions (E-Government Master Plan with FOA)
- Nigerian E-Government Master Plan
- Human Resources Development and Aware-ness For E-Government
- Promoting E-Governance in Nigeria.
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies, syndicate work, experience sharing and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Political leaders, parliamentarians, and chief executives of MDIs.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: M. A. Olaniyan