To achieve the goals of e-government, there is need to develop competent skills in project management and e-government in order to deliver efficiency, effectiveness and higher productivity in government business.
This training workshop is designed to develop the skills, and improve and strengthen the capacity of participants to enable them to implement and manage e-government projects.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the objectives of e-government as a development paradigm
- Review strategies for implementing projects, programmes, and portfolio management of e-government
- Examine challenges in the implementation of e-government projects
- Develop competencies and skills necessary for managing e-government projects and programmes
- Apply the principles of project management to e-government initiatives.
- Overview of E-Government (SMART Government)
- Introduction to project management
- Planning, budgeting , execution and control of projects
- E-security for E-Government projects
- Monitoring and evaluation report writing
- Managing stakeholders
- E-Government and change management
- Cases of E-Government (G2G, G2B and G2C Projects)
- Action plan session
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers/managers, and planning and project managers in both public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: U. Musa