The main objective of the training workshop is to equip participants with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitude in pension administration to enable them discharge their duties more effectively.
- Introduction to performance management
- Public service rules (an overview)
- Types and management of pension fund
- Computation of benefit under the pension act 346 of LFN 1990
- Management of pension records
- Major provisions in the pension reforms act 2004
- Structure and management of the contributory pension scheme
- The roles of employers, employees and prospective retirees under pension reform act 2004
- Concept of annuity
- Use of computer in pension administration
The workshop is designed for pension desk officers in the ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) as well as in private sector organizations.