Conflicts abound everywhere. All over the world, there are disputes that are latent, emerging or manifest. Conflict arises partly from two or more parties disagreeing over the distribution of resources. Conflict is the result of the diverse characteristics of our thoughts, attitudes, beliefs, perceptions, systems and structures. It is part and parcel of our existence and we all have influence and power over whether conflict becomes negative or positive.
This training workshop holding in Kano state is designed to address the management or resolution of conflict in the way we exercise our influence and power.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop shared values in conflict management
- Identify causes and types of conflict
- Use appropriate tools for conflict resolution;
- Develop positive attitudes and interactions in their organizations
- Apply appropriate intervention strategies in conflict resolution.
- Conflict Management and Resolution: An Overview
- Causes and Types of Conflict
- Stages of Conflict Development and Strategies for Conflict Resolution
- Personal Attitudes towards Conflict
- Tools for Conflict Analysis
- Management/Union Conflicts
- Culture and Conflict Management and Resolution
- Roles of Third Parties in Conflict Resolution
- Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Maintaining Post-conflict Relationship
- Cases and Experience Sharing
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Local Government Chairmen, Officers and Counselors, Community Leaders, Officers of NGOs and CBOs, Personnel Officers of public and private sectors, Women Leaders, Trade Union Officers, Personal Assistants to Traditional Rulers, Town Union Executives and Trainers.
Mode Of Assessment For Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Zonal Coordinator